By now many of you would already have read the 8th book, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I am going to write about the five things in this book which took me into complete surprise. I didn’t see these coming. There is a major plot reveal ahead. Spoiler alert!!! If you haven’t read it yet and do not want to know, do not read further. If you want to read the book and find out for yourself, stop here. If you are alright with the spoilers then read ahead.
- First is the official house sorting. We have got Scorpius Malfoy, Albus Severus Potter and Rose Granger Weasley. Scorpius Molfoy, son of Draco Malfoy is sorted into Slytherin. No surprise here, like his dad and grandfather. Next is Rose Granger Weasley and again no surprise there. Gryffindor like her mom and dad and basically her entire dad’s family. Now it’s Albus Severus Potter. Slytherin is the house into which Albus Potter is been sorted to. This is a complete shock. This is one of the five things that really surprised me. His sorting into Slytherin will lead to a friendship with Scorpius Molfoy, which is absolutely crazy given the history between their fathers.
- Next who the Minister of Magic is? It is Hermione Granger. Yes a muggle-born is the Minister of Magic. This is a shocker but absolutely fantastic. She is well deserved and this makes everyone happy.
- The plot of the story is about time travel. This is interesting one. Basically there is use of time turner. There are two time turners. One is in possession with the Ministry of Magic. It is revealed that the one with Hermione is just a prototype. There is going to be one more time turner. The time turner is used four times in the book, for visiting two places in past. One is the tournament arena. Yes, it is during the Tri-wizard tournament, in The Goblet of Fire, around the time when Cedric Diggory died. The other during James and Lily, Harry Potter’s parents, died. I am not revealing who used the time turner and for what. I save if for the reader to find out for themselves.
- There is one more Prophecy. Yes there is yet another prophecy involved. The prophecy references an “unseeing parent” and basically states that Voldemort can rise again.
- Now this is real crazy. I am alerting again. If you haven’t read the book yet or seen the play, and doesn’t want spoilers please stop here, DO NOT read further. I am going to reveal Who the Cursed Child Is, in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. The Cursed Child in the story is Delphi Diggory. You can relate her relationship with Amos Diggory, father of Cedric Diggory. But is she a Diggory? No she is not. She is not related to the Diggory. She is the secret child of Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange. This is an absolute shocker. Given that Lord Voldemort didn’t had any feelings or friendship with anyone, in any of the seven books, this is hard to believe. But this is hundred percent true that Delphi, born in secret at Malfoy Manor, is the daughter of Tom Riddle and Bellatrix. Nobody saw this coming. This is amazing plot twist. Both her parents were killed in the Battle of Hogwarts. Bellatrix’s husband, Rodolphus Lestrange, survived the battle, but was sent to Azkaban. At some point, Rodolphus escaped or released from Azkaban, told Delphi about her true heritage and the Prophecy he believed she was meant to fulfil. At some point, Delphi found Amos Diggory, placing him under a Confundus Charm in order to pass herself off as his niece, Delphi Diggory, and to ensure he did her bidding.